Here's a handful of things to keep in mind for this week.
- Meet Tom Shadyac for a discussion of his book "Life's Operating Manual" at Bank of Books in Malibu on Heathercliff Road Friday, Sept. 20 at 7.
- The "Save the Reefs, Save the Ocean" gala is set for 6 p.m. Sept. 19 at the Jonathan Beach Club in Santa Monica. For more information visit http://www.reefcheck.org/events/gala2013/ or call Reef Check directly on 310-230-2371.
- Wondering about traffic? Check your commute before work!
- You love getting Patch every day, so don't forget to "Like" us on Facebook.
- Know of something going on around town? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.