Speakers from across Malibu and nearby coastal cities will come together Sunday for a special TEDx event focusing on what it means to "Live Out Loud."
TEDxMalibu, which is now in its second year, is set for 10 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 2 at the Malibu Jewish Center & Synagogue.
Lisa Cypers Kamen, who is a co-organizer along with Brigitte Huff, said she had been watching TED Talks, which features speakers with ideas worth sharing, for years before applying for a license through TED. The first event focused on "Flourishing in the New Paradigm."
"I did it daring myself to do it. I’m really nobody in the community. I’m a Malibu resident. I will do it," Kamen said.
This year's speakers will focus on what it is like to "Live Out Loud," according to Kamen.
"What does it take to really live life fully? What does it take to be authentic, to be comfortable in your own skin and do what you’ve been put on this planet to do?" she said.
Attendees can expect to walk away creatively inspired, Kamen said.
According to a press release, the speakers are:
- Greg Louganis, Olympic Gold Medalist and author of best-selling book Breaking the Surface
- Agapi Stassinopoulos, Author of Best Selling book Unbinding The Heart and inspiring speaker for The Spirit of Women organization
- Dr. Benjamin La Brot, 2012 CNN Hero of the Year nominee and Founder of FloatingDoctors.com
- Lisa Cypers Kamen President of Positive Psychology Coaching Company Harvesting Happiness.com and Founder of 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization HH4Heroes.org
- Adam Leipzig Former President of National Geographic Films, Former Senior Vice President of Walt Disney Pictures and Publisher of Cultural Weekly magazine
- Rabbi Judith Halevy, Leader of the Malibu Jewish Center and a senior fellow at the Shalom Hartman Institute in Jerusalem
- Brigitte Huff, Film Producer and Co-organizer of TEDxMalibu
- Shannon Bindler, Co-Founder of inspirational women’s site Get Up Girl, Style Editor and Contributor to Huffington Post, Stylist.com and Modernmom.com
- Charley Johnson, Head of the Worldwide Pay it Forward Movement and President of the Pay it Forward Foundation
- Sophie Chiche founder and curator of LifeByMe.com
- Sgt. Denoh Lawerence Grear, former Sergeant of the United States Army, musician, writer, poet, entertainer, actor, photographer, director, producer, designer and founder of the Iraqichronicles.org
- Bekah Eden, cause artist, HH4Heroes.org campaign songwriter and 2012 Malibu Music Best Upcoming Female Artist award recipient
- Claire Wineland, singer, artist, composer and Founder of Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Claire’s Place
- Laurel Airica, creator of WordMagic: An Enchanted Literary Entertainment.
- Malibu Girls & Boys Club, presenting the Harvesting Happiness through Spoken Word pilot program, a tool for collective exploration, growth and healing
- David Ari Leon, former Vice President of Music Production for Fox Broadcasting Corporation, Founder of SoundMindMusic.com and the Voice of Life Project
- Cantor Marcelo Gindlin, full time Cantor at Malibu Jewish Center and Synagogue
- Eric Lumiere, inspired musician, singer, songwriter, collaborator, vocalist and writer of original song Anthem, which with Filo and Peri on Vandit Records, hit the #1 Billboard Airplay in Dance and top 40 in the UK.
- Joe Brightman, Full Sail Valedictorian in Education Media Design and Technology
- James Makawa one of the first African National Correspondents in the U.S., Founder of the AfricanChannel.com and Los Angeles based Africa HD
TED programs provide inspirational talks for free. TEDx events are independently organized.
General admission to TEDxMalibu is $50 and can be purchased at tedxmalibu.com.