Shed those pounds the right way - slowly and forever.
This is a Lorelei modified Atkins/South Beach.
This is what I suggest you do... Never diet.
Change how you eat for life.
The key is small portions, 4 to 5 times a day.
- Eat less quantity - especially while in weight loss mode.
- Always sit down when eating or snacking.
- Cut out all flour.
- Cut out all sugar.
- No potatoes & rice.
- No mushy veggies, like peas & beans (kidney, lima, pinto, garbanzo, etc.).
- Only 1 serving of fruit a day (this includes juice)
- Eat & cook with healthy fats (olive oil, avocado, etc.) - no animal fat.
- Drink at least a couple of liters of water a day.
- Do not eat at night (3 hours before bed time).
- Eat your biggest meal by noon, because you can work it off during the day.
- Walk at least 1 mile a day - every day - more if you can.
- No or little alcohol.
- Snack suggestions: a spoonful of peanut butter; a handful of nuts; a small piece of cheese, fruit or veggie; a cup of broth.
One reason people lose weight and fail to keep it off is because of deprivation. "I've deprived myself - I've lost the weight - now I'll reward myself and eat."
This is the biggest no no of all. If you're obsessing on something - have it - just enough of it to satisfy that craving.
After losing the weight -
If you’re going to eat a carb laden meal, do not eat fat.
Mixing carbs and fat is a no-no.
Do formal exercise and/or walk every day.
Last, but not least, my motto:
EAT UNTIL YOUR NO LONGER HUNGRY...
NOT UNTIL YOU'RE FULL.